4.7.13

throwback thursday: 1998

So since #throwbackthursday* is still a thing, I figured I would incorporate it into this blog. Because this is my blog and I can post whatever I feel like. Na na nana naaa.

And as I'm mostly posting songs on this blog, I figured I may as well add music to this mix, as well as a healthy dose of other popular things at the time and what I was doing with my life. No photos of myself because as I get older, my pictures get more terrifying**. No joke.

So without further ado, I give you...

THROWBACK THURSDAY 1998



I was 8. Teachers pet. Had a curly fringe (most likely) and the FIRST in my family (and my neighbourhood, probably) to get roller blades.  I was skating among peasants with their roller skates while I was doing awesome stops and minor jumps with my inlines.

Besides my fascinating story about having 'blades, I also remember singing these songs:


Fools Garden - Lemon Tree

 All Saints - Under The Bridge

 Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games 

Boyz II Men - A Song For Mama 

Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply 

Monica vs Brandy - The Boy is Mine 

SPICE GIRLS WERE STILL BIG

LeeAnn Rimes - How Do I Live

Other songs: Usher - You Make Me Wanna, stuff by 5ive, Steps, I think Aaron Carter was a thing, too.



I also got my first CD EVER, which was this:

It contained covers of pop songs performed by kids. And FREE glow in the dark stickers, mannn! I absolutely loved it of course.
You can blame my musical taste on my sisters/cousins because I just listened to whatever they liked.



These movies were released in 1998:


I remember watching them, but probably not in the same year.

Except maybe these because I went to the cinema to watch them:


I watched shows like this on TV:
 
 Widget the World Watcher

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Bill Nye The Science Guy

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego

Rupert the Bear


While eating this:



People wore clothes like:



I used to read:


Everyday I prayed for****:
 


For my 9th birthday that year, I had a treasure chest cake which was ruined by ants. I also remember performing the macarena while wearing a lilac dress. This may or may not have happened in this year.

Excuse me while I go listen to every All Saints song, ever.


*I hashtagged on a platform which doesn't even support hastags. lord have mercy.
**to myself
***Okay, my memory is hazy and I'm not exactly sure at what age I got these but probably around this time. BELIEVE, ok?
****to this day, I still haven't owned a Gameboy or PlayStation. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment


all original content © Mooniq Marlie, 2012-2013.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com

Background by AugustEmpress.com