16.6.12

Song of the Month: June 2012

You know how you have music on your PC that you never listen to? C'mon! You DID NOT listen to over 20000 songs ever, stop lying. Sigur Ros, sorry Sigur Rós, is part of my "music that I've never listened to but have on my PC". Okay, now I'm lying. I never had Sigur Rós on my PC. Except for this song that I'm going to make my song of the month. I admit, I have heard of Sigur Rós but never heard them. But this week, the band seem to pop up EVERYWHERE.* I took it as a sign that the universe would like me to listen to them. I always listen to the universe because the universe speaks only truth. Anyway. They weren't already in my vast music library so I wiki'd them. Read that Jónsi is the lead singer. "jon...si...I know that name!", is what I thought to myself. I searched Jónsi in my library and this track appeared:



Which is now my song of the month. Yes, it's a Tiesto, sorry Tiësto, song. No, I don't listen to any of his other songs.**

I find myself tripping on Jónsi's voice. It's beautiful. Jónsi is a guy. I don't know how to pronounce his name or band properly. I have listened to this song 50 times today. It feels like it's hugging me. I am in the process of getting Sigur Rós' other albums so that I become the BIGGEST FAN EVER.***


EDIT: I actually have Sigur Rós on my laptop already.

*tastekid, last.fm, twitter, Portlandia
**total lie. but like, shut up? I like what I like.
***music snobs, you may hate me now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


all original content © Mooniq Marlie, 2012-2013.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com

Background by AugustEmpress.com